03-27-2014, 12:52 PM   #6
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardg View Post
I am currently studying for the VCP5-DCV and need to complete some coursework in order to sit for the exam. (Which I still feel is a money grab by emc/vmware) Does anyone have a suggestion for a great online course? My company won't pay for it so I would rather spend less than more, but it is an investment in myself so I won't complain too much.

While I am 90% confident I am ready for the exam I do believe the coursework would definitely help. Besides you HAVE to complete one anyway. Also do any VCP find the VCA even worth it if I intend on finishing the VCP?
While I don't have a good suggestion for an online course (I had our VMware person from one of our distributors come in and do all the training for my guys) I can answer the second question. If you are going to get the VCP, getting the VCA is somewhat redundant, though if you want to spent the $45 (or whatever it is now with their discounting) you certainly can as it will show you "care" a bit more. Is this something you are doing on your own or something you are doing because your job is requiring it? If it's the latter, tell them to pound sand until they will at the very least, help with the fees involved.

Everything about VMware is a money grab, you have to pay for partner levels, pay for exams which they require for partner levels, pay for coursework, etc., etc., etc.
Appreciate 0