View Single Post
      03-24-2008, 02:09 PM   #12
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtrum View Post
I hope it does. It's getting international coverage within the last 24 hours. He's had several lawyers chime in and give some really good advice....as well as a lot of armchair lawyers that know nada about the law.

My take on it is this (I posted on his main thread last night)...the dealer claims to have "made a mistake". that is highly unlikely. First of all, it was advertised on ebay as "the lowest starting bid for an e90 do date", and with "no reserve". For those of us that have sold things on ebay (I sold a pwc 8 years ago) you know to really, really take your time when inputing the data. This was a starting bid of $60000, so I'm sure great care and effort was used when typing this info in. Second...if the guy made a "mistake", why did he let the bid sit for 3 days? You can pull the auction any time before it ends! Lastly, the dealer called the guy within seconds after the bid ended,, and said "i can't sell you the car for that price". It was obvious that the dealer was closely monitoring the whole process. He tried to create a bidding war...and got burned.

the negative pub on this is astonishing. somebody sent the link to the O'Reily factor (or whatever his show is called). There is a huge mob ready to show up at this dealership with a rope. It's gone nuts.
i kind of read a little bit. to add to what you said, we know the dealer closely monitored the auction because they actually lowered the buy iy now price twice during the auction.
also couple real life lawyers from the m3 forum actually made some pro bono calls into the dealership for him...that probably helped.

the speed and vastness this shit has spread kind of reminds me of that pedophile that got owned I posted about that guy from nsxprime.

The internet is great...

heres the link
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104971
Appreciate 0