View Single Post
      12-04-2021, 05:41 AM   #1
///Matt.BLU
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

What is the Best Mount for Recaro Sportster CS?

I spent quite some time searching for answers to mounts for the Recaro Sportster CS in an e92m3 and oddly enough I couldn't find much. I am 6'1 and I can no longer stand the towering position of the stock seats even at its lowest setting. I have decided to go with the sportster CS because I am looking for a leather bucket seat. Now the issue is finding the proper mounting solution to lower the seat position an appropriate amount. Based on a quick search, it's fairly obvious that the two main options are either BK or MS/Recaro mounts. With Pole Positions, that would be easy as it is side mounted and the height could be adjusted. Unfortunately, I am too tall for that seat so that is not an option for me. Hence the sportster CS is my only realistic choice. Here is the catch, with it being bottom mounted, the height can't really be adjusted. So do I go with BK mounts? It retains the OEM electric sliders so the mechanism is going to take up space. Hence, I am unsure how much lower that will really be compared to OEM seats. With the MS/Recaro floor mounts and sliders, the issues are the following:
  • Non centered seating position with MS floor mounts
  • Apparently need to drill your own holes to make it work
  • Apparently Recaro sliders aren't rigid like the using BK mounts
  • MS/Recaro possibly dropping the seat way too low

So I am just reaching out to see if anyone has experience with the Sportster CS and which mounting solution is best, taking into account rigidity and seat height compared to the stock seats. I want to be able to wear a helmet comfortably, which is currently impossible.

Thanks in advance!