View Single Post
      06-28-2014, 12:15 AM   #1
raza123
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i sedan

BC Coilovers BR Type E90 328i review

So today i just got BC Racing BR type coil overs installed on my e90 328i and all i can say is I am very pleased. Before installation, I was running on non sport stock suspension with about 60k miles on them and a H&R front sway bar. After installing these, my first impression was how comfortable these were compared to stock. I am not sure how much lower my car is compared to stock but essentially it is lowered to remove the wheel gap, but not slammed. The ride is very smooth over good surfaces and is almost hard to tell it has even been lowered or stiffened. However, over bumps, you do feel the road a bit more. I should point out that i have my car set on 15 clicks from the softest setting in both the front and rear (the stiffest setting is 32 clicks from soft) but it is still pretty damn comfortable given that its stiffer than stock. I have not had the opportunity to soften it up a bit and see how it rides, but hopefully i will soon seeing as i just installed these today. Now the handling.... this is where it really shines! It feel so much more planted when taking sharp turns and the body roll is unbelievably reduced. Given the 3 series weight, it handles incredibly well. When switching lanes i have virtually no body roll and the same could be said on light bends in the road. I have not had the chance to test the handling on some fun canyons but i do hope to try it out soon. I did try for a brief moment having the front set at its stiffest settings and left the rear at 15 clicks from the softest settings and it was unbelievably good at handling! I felt like i was driving a go kart (almost lol) and it was unbelievably fun to drive! The ride quality was a lot rougher which is understandable and expected in this setting but damn it is fun! I hope to give it a more thorough test over the next week or so but so far i am very pleased
Appreciate 0