View Single Post
      09-28-2023, 08:41 AM   #52
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep
Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post

Some of these folks, I don't think anything is going to deter them from being criminals. It's easier than getting a job. We already have (I think) the largest percentage of our adult male population in prison than any other country. Putting another 10 million people in prisons that don't have room for them is going to be very expensive, in many regards. Stronger laws, stronger enforcement and all that are surely needed, but there are more ramifications to the results of that. It's a failure of society that we have so many criminals, which I am, unfortunately, unable to solve at this moment.
Ooooh! Me...me...me - pick me - I can solve it!

One word - Australia. Send them there again.

I mean, how much would it really cost to build a facility in the middle of nowhere (Outback) in Australia if you weren't all that concerned about niceties like air conditioning and keeping the 100% lethal wildlife out of the prison? And forget keeping them out, perhaps you even provide helpful tunnels for said wildlife to get in so the inmates get the full experience. Start shipping inmates over on cargo planes. I mean, Con Air was just a movie.

If these jokers were constantly watching their backs against the wildlife actively trying to kill them, and the sun itself doing the same, they'd have no time at all to start talking funny to other inmates and causing riots / killing other inmates. It'd probably be pretty peaceful actually, they'd go to bed exhausted, but they wouldn't sleep, cause that's probably when the snakes might like to snuggle up with them. I'd even be willing to consider a reduced sentence for these people under these conditions - if they make it. And if they don't...meh.

If they make it, probably would have a stronger incentive not to get sent back.

Seriously, it's perfect. Can't see any flaws.
Appreciate 0