View Single Post
      06-10-2008, 10:45 PM   #5
Neil
The Designer
Rep
Drives: Nissan

I used to visit my girl who lived in Milwaukee for 4 years. There are some bad areas but overall while the city has a fairly large population it feels much smaller. There is a borderline (perhaps someone knows it) where it instantly turns hardcore ghetto.

If you are moving there, there is a company called The Mandell Group that builds condos and renovates downtown spaces and they make some awesome units. Might be worth to check them out. There are some right downtown near the river that were newly built when I was last there a few years back.

If you stick along Lake Michigan, I think it's Lake Dr. there are some really nice homes in that area including some pretty crazy mansions.

Downtown isn't overly happening but there are a few lounges and clubs. I went out a bunch of times and you get a mixed crowd, there are the classier places with the cuter girls and the more bar places where you will see the Milwaukee Bucks and Brewers players. Good luck getting any girls that night.

The best part is probably the proximity to Chicago which is around 1hr. Directly around Milwaukee is a whole lotta nothing. You will probably end up in Chicago if you are looking for real clubs, museums, shopping, etc.

The weather pretty much sucks. Its ok in the summer but lake michigan is too cold to swim in (at least for me) and the winters are just horrible.

I know the last day I was there they were in the start of a crazy highway project and it really caused a mess. Not sure if it's still there but was a nightmare when I was there.