View Single Post
      11-04-2014, 05:04 PM   #28
bad karma
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i F31 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerone View Post
As for the car, yes, my parents are paying for it. This does not mean I am spoiled. I work my ass off and maintain all A's in all AP classes and am deeply involved in extracurriculars. Mommy and daddy are not paying for the insurance, I am. I have a job and work hard for the money I make. Just because a car has the ability for go fast, does not mean I will abuse the power it holds.
When I grew up maintaining good grades was my responsibility in exchange for my parents providing me with food and shelter. I must've been born into the wrong family.

"Get good grades and we will buy you a BMW!" Goddamn, that must be nice. You are being spoiled. That doesn't mean there is anything wrong with that, but the gravity of the situation is that your parents are buying you a luxury sport sedan as your first car in exchange for the fact that you paid attention in class.

Make sure you thoroughly respect and appreciate what your parents are doing here, because a LOT of kids work hard at school because it's what they are supposed to do, and aren't given any other incentive.
Appreciate 0