Rep
Drives: M3, X7, iX

Garage List
24 BMW iXM60  [10.00]
24 BMW M3  [9.77]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
I agree with your comment. My wife also drives an iX. She had a Model Y Performance before that. The iX is our go to vehicle for long trips. We got ours in 2022 and it has been a great experience. Yes, if you have access to the EV infrastructure, it is hard to go back from EV to full ICE.
Where we live in the southeast US, new superchargers are opening up regularly and there are plenty of chargers on our road trip routes.

But I still prefer the X7 to the model Y for the road trips because we have three kids and don’t want to stop to charge. We would have to stop two or three times on our trips to the beach or 4+ times for longer trips.

And premium fuel is about $4 per gallon, so the cost savings to supercharge is not that compelling - saving about $50 round trip. We get 25-26 mpg on the X7 which is a range of 550 miles.

I’d like to see an iX with 6 seats that’s a bit larger, but given our use case and cost of fuel it doesn’t really beat ICE. To me EV’s are for commuting and not road trips, especially if you have kids to haul around.
Appreciate 0