View Single Post
      11-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #112
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

Kimi delivered; I think he did a bit of it tongue in cheek (kind of like the Iceman giving away ice cream the other day when the race was delayed for a while), but hilarious non the less.

I won't quote or anything, but keeping in the Vettel comments: I think that what doesn't convince us is the fact that he is so young and sometimes looks immature. The same applies sometimes, or most of the time, to Hamilton. Speaking of which (can of worms: open up), I loved Hamilton's fake PR crap: Oh, I see debris, they should clean that up, someone could get a puncture!
He likes to come up with lines like that when he is behind the safety car.

Back to Vettel, it's things like pouring champagne on DC's head while he is trying to be super professional during the podium (first time he did this new thing, right?), or changing his freaking Helmet design every race (seriously, donate the cash to charity or something) that make such an impression on us. We see a boy that casually jumps into a car and goes really fast, when our minds want to hand out the super world champion title to a man.
Don't get me wrong, though, we all have favourites and things like this can be argued until the cows come home. That's just sports.
p.s. I'll be in Austin, turn 12.
p.p.s. I'm already in denial about the season being almost over, and more so about Schumacher retiring.
Appreciate 0