12-11-2023, 01:09 AM   #1775
Renegadenick
Petrol Head
Rep
Drives: Slow Cars

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEAN13BOOSTED View Post
Soo sweet! Dashwork and steering wheel, do tell? Alcantara ?
Thanks! I found an e93 M3 extended leather dash + center console in palladium silver. It has Novillo Leather instead of that spongy material found throughout e9x non-M and M non-extended interiors.

I found a local upholstery shop to mix up some saddle brown dye that matches my shade. Next I restored the leather and then dyed the parts myself. The restoration part took a long time since the leather had a few gashes and rips. Youtube was my best friend for that part. To restore the black plastic parts of the center console, I used colorbond LVP black; it matches OEM plastic pretty closely.

Then I made an alcantara topper and adhered it to the top part of the dash. It is not perfect but I made it...so I'm happy with it.

The steering wheel was made by AZA auto wheel 6 years ago. The leather airbag cover I recently got from some shop that I will have look up to find the name. Essentially they made me a replacement cover that replaces the spongy stock airbag. It was a little scary at first disassembling the airbag fully but it was not bad at all once I got started.

@Nicholastran213