United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elistan View Post
For what it's worth, I just went looking through Rustoleum's website - both their epoxy and their clear coat (called Rust-Oleum® EpoxyShield® Low VOC Premium Clear Coating) are listed as "amine cured epoxy". And they cost exactly the same, so I suspect you can get the same effect by simply doing two coats of the colored stuff if you'd prefer. I'm not sure that'll make it any more resistant to flaking.

There's so many different options, it makes my head spin. Penetrating silicone, top-coat acrylic, polyurethane and epoxy... Each have their strengths and weaknesses. Although thinking about the clear epoxy product - sure, it'll likely come up eventually, but with it being clear Patrick719 brings up a good point that it'll be easy to do spot repairs and have it blend in well.
Another option is having the concrete polished, however that can get quite expensive. I am liking the idea of the clear epoxy and will have to look into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elistan View Post
It's kind of a generic "Colorado in the beginning of the 21st century" style. At first I thought Patrick719's builder is the same as mine, but the sign out front is different. I wonder if it'll look dated or generic in 20 or 50 years? I'll see if I can find pictures of our Dallas house we sold a few months ago. Very different in many ways.
So true. When I saw the picture of your place, I thought it looked just like a new Colorado suburban house. Sure enough it was. These places have a "craftsman" style to them which I think will age gracefully.