View Single Post
      01-16-2024, 12:19 AM   #1
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

Questions for M3 owners who go to Costco for tires

After months of waffling I bought my Michelin PS4S, and I used Costco to do it, before the CCA and Hagerty discounts expired last month. It totaled $300 off and brought it very close to what I would have paid for the Indy 500 tires that I originally wanted. Fantastic deal.

I have my tire install scheduled a few days from now. Do these guys have the proper pucks or spacers to lift the car without destroying the jacking points? If not, then I'm going to rush order a set from one of the sponsors.

Any special instructions I should give them? Besides be careful with my irreplaceable car? Pay attention to the mounting direction of the tires? Watch the torque on the lug nuts and don't you dare use an air gun to tighten them?

Is there a special instruction for balancing? I don't know much about balancing so I just go by what is the latest info I read on our forums. Years ago in my E36 days everyone on Roadfly was told to match mount the tires. When I moved to the E46 I was told ask for road force balancing. When my wife got her M a few years ago I was told "get both". The tire tech actually got pissed when I said that and told me "pick one! Do you want road force? Or do you want match mounting?" I don't remember how that worked out.

In summary: I'm going to Costco, teach me how to handle that so it's as painless as possible for me and my car comes out unscathed. Non-scathed. A complete lack of scathed.

Thanks.
Dinan Stg II Suspension • Remus Race • Gintani CF lip / CF quarter fins • Vorsteiner Type II CF Diffuser • BMW Performance CF Spoiler / black fender gills / black kidney grilles / CF mirror cover • Speed Element GTS CF side skirts • M3 GTS door sills • Lux Angel Eyes • body color reflectors • Alex@Alpine Stg I tune • AA filter
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6731.50