View Single Post
      02-02-2024, 08:33 AM   #12
BlkGS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
That doesn't look all new to me, that looks like they took the existing model and refreshed it. It also doesn't look as good as the current Armada, so there's that.

Infiniti def had its heyday in the 00s, and now is the "drug dealer with bad credit" brand. They don't hold value worth a crap because of the image, and because they don't hold value worth a crap they get beat to crap after their original owners.

The one advantage that Armada and QX80 have in the market is that they're old, proven, and robust. If you want a fullsize SUV to buy and just drive, QX80 is the only new offering. Every other model has its own demons to deal with in terms of reliability, but because these have been made for so long without powertrain changes, and the design underneath is built tough for work trucks.

It fails everywhere else. The interior is awkward, the styling bland and.ugly, the cargo space garbage, the third row inconvenient, the fuel economy crap, the resale crap... There's a reason it's worst in class.

I don't see this redesign helping. It's the same mix of ugly and bland they've been since the first gen qx56. It may have been polarizing in terms of style, but it had presence for sure. I always liked them, if you could find a nice one that was clean with low miles it's make a bargain for a tow rig or family hauler now.
Appreciate 0