01-15-2014, 10:15 AM   #20
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Space Grey 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHMOUPE View Post
couple of pointers as I recently purchased my first house. I am 27 and have had a "real job" for the past 5 years or so. I put down ~25% of the house cash and mortgaged the remaining 75% at a very good rate over the summer. Word of advice to you is to cut down all your debts as much as possible before looking for a house. If you have any disposable income, throw that towards the student loans. Sell the car (if possible) and get yourself a nice used car with no (or little) loan on it. Be very careful about buying a house with the GF. It is just a messy thing if things don't work out and she has contributed money to the mortgage.
As someone else said, buying a house is like nothing else out there. There is a lot of things to watch out for.
x100,00,00,00,000

Sounds like you are doing a couple things backwards, student loans then buying a car, should paying off student loans, getting settled into a house then buying a nice car. Good luck though hope you have a lot of extra money for problems that come about with a home.

New roof
Water heater goes
Furnace goes out
Centeral Air goes out
Leaks
Plumbing
on and on and on and on

SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 0