View Single Post
      11-16-2023, 09:23 AM   #36
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazali View Post
It makes money and has always made money (like 1000's of other "Free" services) by DATA MINING

The moment somone say's you can have it for "free" they are tracking you, your location, shopping habbits, eating habits, buying habbits

What % of the population does this ? How many women do that ? how many asian people eat at "xyz"

Hello, do you have cookies enabled ? Do you post what you like to eat on facebook, do you have places you follow, twitter insta, youtbe

ALL DATA MINING that is gold dust.

Every video you or anyone else clicks on even anonymously tells yourtube something, 32k people clicked on cat vids 100k clicked on pro biden vids 150 clicked on trump vids
More people are interested in cat videos than the presidential election ! ?

dont think there is not something out there that isnt being tracked

Your mobile phone.... your car....,
How do you think google maps does traffic stats YOUR PHONE (amongst other things)
Sure, but all that is probably getting squeezed due to tighter privacy laws in various places, meanwhile their costs are only increasing (power, bandwidth, etc) and shareholders probably want their slice of the pie to grow faster... it's totally understandable that they feel the need to clamp down on leakage. Still, I'm going to make them work for it - they already track my phone around the place. To be honest, if/when they somehow force ads on me, I'll almost certainly stop using YT almost entirely. So they'll be better off just letting me use it without the inconvenience
Appreciate 1
nazali1323.50