View Single Post
      03-10-2009, 10:07 PM   #1
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 AW E92 M3

Backpack for Camera, Lenses, Tripod, and Laptop?

Hey guys I'm looking for a backpack that's a little more comfy than my current shoulder-bag but also one that will hold a few lenses, a camera, a tripod on the side, and a laptop.

If any of you guys are using one right now or know someone that has one, let me know what they think about their particular model - I'm in a hurry to get one pretty soon.

I've been looking at some Lowepro Computrekkers and Compurovers but I'm not too fond of the the tripod attachment and the inaccessibility to the camera if you happen to have a tripod mounted to it at the same time.

I've also been looking at the Kata R-103 which looks better and can hold a tripod off to the side which allows for you access the camera not only because the tripod isn't in the way anymore, but because there's a port dedicated to the camera itself on the outside.

Problem is, my laptop (15.4") is slightly too big to fit in the Kata based on it's interior dimensions of the laptop space, and owners have been saying that even if the laptop is slightly larger than the size the bag was designed for, the backpack will not zip up all the way. Kata does offer a larger size but it's just too expensive for a little more space.

Anyone know of any good camera/tripod/laptop backpacks out there? Different brands, like Tamrac?

Thanks
Appreciate 0