View Single Post
      09-26-2014, 11:37 AM   #17
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

I'm assuming you're young, so imho you have to go for it. First of all, your 3k/mo. apt. should be covered by this potential employer. If not, that's a pay cut, ask for more salary as you're working it out. They will try to say you have to have a home anyway, why should we pay for it? You say, I could be based out of east bum f*** for $285/mo., not SF. If you cave in and believe they should not pay, then it's moot.

Secondly, I assume you're not married and have no kids. Once you do, you'll have to compromise and you will not be in a position to make the decision on your own. For example, as a dad, can you see your kid(s) once/wk or once/mo. and facetime the rest? Prolly not.

I'm a dog lover and have had mine for 11 1/2 yrs. since rescuing him. If you let a dog stand between you and a perfect opportunity, then that's your decision again.

Again, traveling around the world is neither here nor there once you're older, but it beats going to the same office day in / out when you're young. Good luck.
Appreciate 0