Patrick303
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by elistan View Post
You'll have to report back what you think about it once you're done with the coating. (Oh, and don't forget the anti-slip additive.)

The construction manager recommended putting a bit of sand down in the control joints of the floor, then filling the joint with Sikaflex self-leveling sealant.

Any plans for the driveway? We're new to Colorado - is there anything that can be done to help with snow/ice removal for a north-facing driveway? Sealing strikes me as a way to make it so slippery when wet that it'll be undriveable, but we've heard that the cold stuff won't melt away like on a south-facing driveway that gets sunlight. (And do they use salt here that we need to worry about?)
I'll be sure to let you know how it goes. I'll probably post a before and after pic here too. And the epoxy clear coatings come with the anti-skid, so I'll definitely include that. It would be embarrassing to bust my ass in my own garage!

Maybe we should use the Rustoleum NeverWet on the driveway! Not sure how well that would work. I've lived in CO a long time and never really had too much issue with the driveway. Most snows we get melt off the next day or so. Occasionally requires some shoveling.

They do put salt with mag chloride on the roads sometimes. I usually just make sure to wash my car as soon as possible after a big snow.
Appreciate 0