View Single Post
      04-02-2024, 08:01 AM   #5
danb1979
Idiotic lifter of heavy stones...
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 325D M Sport touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinra View Post
So a while back my F31 -14, Sportline, started squeaking bad from the rears and it turned out to be the lower bearings and I did the quickfix by lubricating them with white lithium grease. And recently they started again (ironically after washing the car) and I lubricated them again but I know it won't last forever so I'm planing to refresh my suspension both front and back.

Which parts would you recommend to change while I'm at it?
Is there any worth to upgrade to sports suspension?

Problem number two is that there is also and squeal I'm noticing at low speeds which I'm guessing could be any of the wheel bearings? Or could it be something else?

Thanks in advance!
I've just done a full suspension overhaul on my 2015 F31 RWD here in the UK; had it ALL swapped out in January just gone (every arm, link, track rod ends etc, shocks and springs (inc all new top mounts, OEM BMW rubber spring perches, bump stops, dust boots, gaskets etc)

I went for Bilstein B4S shocks and Eibach pro-kit springs from Autodoc as I wanted to lower the car; but not have the suspension too firm (I did toy with the idea of Bilstein B16 coilovers etc, or possibly the B12 kit - but having test drove a few cars with those kits fitted, they were too firm for what I wanted)

The B4S shocks and eibach springs set up is superb; it's given me an even ride height all round; the car drives superbly, handles brilliantly and takes the rough UK roads really well now. Its as firm as OEM was; but the jarring, harsh ride / crashy ride has completely gone.

All the arms etc are a mix of Lemforder, TRW & Moog via Autodoc as well FYI - they're all F3x specific; I haven't moved to M3 arms or monoball joints etc, as for me they're simply not needed for what is an every day car - unless you plan on taking your car to the track a lot etc; they're massive overkill and expensive

The full build is linked below in my signature FYI; it starts from about page 9 IIRC:

The day I collected it (still on its winter wheels):

As it stands now back on its summer wheels:

Lmw16016.50
Erinra19.00