Thread: New E90 Owner
View Single Post
      08-02-2014, 10:00 PM   #1
willms81
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 C63 AMG

New E90 Owner

First, I couldn't find a "noob intro section" so I threw this in off topic. if it needs moved due to being in the wrong section I apologize to the mod/admin team.

Ok, I recently purchased an 07 328i with nearly 90k miles and 6 speed mt, M Sport Package, cold weather package, and a few other goodies that I found when I ran the VIN. She is my first and after the last couple weeks will not be my last BMW.

A little background, I have been into FWD imports for years but decided to come over to the RWD Euro side. I do all of my own maintenance and mods in my garage. It is a favorite hobby/pastime of mine.

As for the 328, after some research I'm seeing not much in the way of engine upgrades other than the 3-stage manifold, tune, I/H/E. i was hoping for cams but looks like that is a no go also. The ESS s/c has my eye as well but I haven't decided if I want to go the FI route just yet.

However, that is putting the proverbial cart before the horse. First thing I need to know is there any known issues that I should address maintenance wise? The car has nearly 90k on her so I assume shocks/struts off the bat (do I need to find a certain set since I have the M Sport Package?). I will also being putting EBC Redstuff ceramic pads on her. I checked the rotors and they are fine. What else will i need to address before it becomes a problem?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

First wash after I brought her home:

Home sweet home:

Appreciate 0