View Single Post
      03-17-2014, 05:10 PM   #47
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
When I think of neo conservatisim, and then think "Hmm, would these be the type of jerks who would shoot first, ask questions later?" It seems a very easy connection to make, though admittedly, mostly tongue-in-cheek.

Who said I was "ranting against Texas"? I certainly never criticized Texas as a state. You may have missed the point because this isn't about Texas, this is about people knowing the proper application of deadly force. Just judging by this thread, very few people actually know the laws that govern deadly force in their own state. As for facts...

The article you read is complete bullshit (excuse my French), and full of piss poor reporting. All the major news outlets have reported these facts (CNN, Fox, USA Today):
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/15...urder-charges/
http://www.khou.com/news/local/Deput...250041711.html

1) The girl was DATING Johran.
2) The girl let Johran into the home.
3) The father heard "sounds" coming from the bedroom (not some made up story about a 4 year old kid seeing feet under the bed), and went to investigate. Let's be honest, the sounds were sex sounds.
4) The father went to confront the teenager with GUN DRAWN.
5) The father caught Johran in bed with his daughter. He got out and was to the side of the bed.
6) Some dialog occurred, perhaps arguing (no exact details). I'm guessing the boy was trying to let the guy know who let him in the house and why he wasn't some random intruder.
7) The father CLAIMS Johran made a sudden movement with his hands.

The last part is highly suspect since Johran didn't have any weapon on him when police carted his body away from the house.

So which has the ring of truth?

1) Johran, not scared of a man with a loaded weapon pointed at his head, reaches for a PHANTOM weapon he doesn't have, and ends up getting himself shot.

2) Johran, afraid of a man with a loaded weapon, gets shot by an angry father who wants to hurt a boy who just fucked his daughter.

Of course I would call the police. Unlike the neo-con hill billies in the South, I don't shoot first, ask questions later. I have a loaded 9mm pistol by the bed stand in a digital safe that I pull out. I assess the situation. I make sure my kids and wife are safe and out of harms way. You see, it's more important to me that my family is safe, and protected, than it is for me to fill someone full of bullets so I can scream "Yee haw!" and tell my friends about how I capped someone at the local dive bar. The right to own a gun is a responsibility, and the laws that govern deadly force in California and Texas are very clear. I wish the neo-con warhawks knew this, and treated gun ownership with respect instead of like a child's toy.
Your neo-con comment wasn't tongue-in-cheek at all.

Perhaps "gun-crazy Texas" led me to believe it was a rant against Texas? And reinforced by the "Yee-Haw" comment?

Sorry - wish I had read all the clearly-written, articulate articles you read, instead of the piss-poor ones I read. Oh - wait the KHOU article you posted said: "Her younger brother went to say good night and saw two feet sticking out under the bed, detectives said. He then went to get his father." And the Fox article was a summary of the KHOU story...

Your subsequent bullet points are full of your suppositions, from which you jump to your conclusions. Do you have any articles I can read?