Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
Thanks for the info.

I really want to pick up a Z4 M Coupe, and given the crazy cost of one over there ($90k USD), I was thinking it might be best to get it here and ship it over. Since it's a car available in Germany, I figure the cost of shipping and bringing it to Euro spec will definitely be under what I would spend buying it there.

Then the question is do I purchase here (take advantage of the 1.9% rate) and take it with me. Or do I do a lease, and worry about a car situation once I've gotten settled in there. I have to figure out if moving out of the country allows me to break the lease.
Keep in mind that most financing companies will not release the Title to you before the car is fully paid off. Same goes for a lease, they will not let you move out of the country with a car under lease. In fact I believe even the US customs will not let the car leave state side unless you have a free and clear title. Basically all european countries require you to register your car in the country if you take up residence there. No title in hand, you can't register the car in the country you are going to.

Of course there is probably some work around for this if you are in the service.