View Single Post
      09-25-2014, 12:15 PM   #9
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Marquez talks about his crash at Misano:

Marc Marquez has admitted his Misano crash happened because he was determined to seal the 2014 MotoGP title at home at Aragon, and he has promised to calm his approach.

Marquez fell when challenging Valentino Rossi for the San Marino Grand Prix victory a fortnight ago, relegating him to a 15th-place finish.

It was only the second time Marquez had crashed in a race since moving up to MotoGP.

"In Misano on Sunday we were not ready to fight for the victory, but anyway I tried because my idea was to try to win the championship here at Aragon, honestly," said Marquez ahead of this weekend's third Spanish event of the season.

"But it was not possible. I took risks, I was at 100 per cent, but I was over the limit and I crashed.

"Now is the time to maybe start thinking about the championship, try to manage that advantage and to concentrate only on the championship."

Marquez's championship lead now stands at 74 points over Honda team-mate Dani Pedrosa, meaning the earliest he can claim his second title is at Motegi next month.

He had been 89 points clear heading into Misano, and would have needed to be 100 in front by the end of the Aragon weekend to wrap up the crown on home soil.

(autosport)
Appreciate 0