09-29-2008, 09:15 PM   #17
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCS View Post
The fact that Congress voted down the bailout and then wen to n recess is ridiculous. President should get their lazy asses back in the seat to work soemthing out.
You need to be a little more aware than that. They are on a Jewish holiday. It wouldn't be worth it to alienate the Jewish community.

I say let it fall. Government is the problem, not the solution. Government made the rules that screwed us all. They required that 20% of mortgage loans be to people who shouldn't get loans (sub-prime).

The banks that haven't suffered from this are those who just didn't make many residential mortgage loans. My wife works for one of them (Wells Fargo Bank).

Not everything is the government's fault. But much, too much of it is. As voters, we can have some effect on what government does. We should seek it's decline. We don't need such large federal government. If this is what it takes to make it fall back, then let it be so.

Businesses that make bad decisions, even when it is encouraged by government gone wild, are still responsible for their own part of the mess. Let the weak fall. The strong might take up the slack and buy those failed businesses. But the failed, may just stay down. Then the better decision makers survive, and maybe we will be in a better position to excel going forward.

The depression of the 1930s brought us more government. Maybe the depression of 2009 will bring us less government.

Last edited by scottwww; 09-30-2008 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0