View Single Post
      12-27-2020, 07:15 AM   #8
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I talked with my dad years ago, who was a DJ and co-owner of a night club in the 70s through early 80s about the Disco era. He explained how there was this unbridled hatetred by a certain demographic of angry, simplistic, frustrated, racist, assholes. I have since talked with several people (white and black) my parents ages who echo the same. I was born in 70 and have fond memories of Disco and the incredible rhythms, vocals, energy and of course dancing. I believe today's House Music is the equivalent of Disco. It's no wonder I love it too.
So having lived through the "Disco Sucks" era I think it wasn't about race or small mindedness for the most part. My circle of friends were rock and roll fans, Led Zeppelin, The Stones, the Who, etc. I certainly wouldn't describe any of us as "unbridled hatetred by a certain demographic of angry, simplistic, frustrated, racist, assholes." there was a almost cultural difference between Disco and Rock and Roll, different clothes styles, hair cuts etc. It certainly wasn't racist since folks off all race liked both rock and roll and disco. I liked Disco but kept that view to myself for the most part. Jump ahead 40 years (fuck when did I get old) and there isn't the great divide, although go to a Stones concert and you can still see the dyed in the wool rock and roll fashion, and hangers on.
Appreciate 1