View Single Post
      12-03-2007, 11:37 PM   #7
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris335i View Post
I have an iphone, does anyone know how to unlock it? Sorry for hijacking thread.
What version is it? 1.1.1 or 1.1.2? How long ago did you buy it? Best if its older 1.1.1 is med to hack (just takes more time nothing hard) 1.0.2 is easy and can be done in under 10 mins.

You might want to read up about the iphonesim free. I will tell you why.. In a few countries the iphone must be sold unlocked, apple does this by taking the IME number of the iphone and generating a code at a central sever then sending it to the phone which unlocks it, the phone remains unlocked and when an update is done the phone goes backed into a inactivated state which you must have itunes reactivate by confirming with the central sever the phones numbers again but no codes are generated it but the unlock remains intact (this would only happen with each update).

Now how does this apply to iphonesim free, well a few rumors are going around that is iphone sim free has an insider at apple that got the codes the sever uses to unlock the phones, and how it works is your telling your iphone to connect to the iphone sim free sever and its sending back modification codes to your iphone.. Now iphone sim free has a problem whenever an update comes out you get back to the activate phone stage and it wont activate since it wasnt unlocked from the real apple sever... But activate and jail break apps are always the first to come out, so as long as someone makes a activate and jail break app in theory assuming they have the stolen activate codes the phone will remain unlocked forever.. But as of now there is no way to reverse what iphone free sim does so this is the downside along with costing $$$$.
Appreciate 0