jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn View Post
So one thing that makes me chuckle is you use ATH. Please stop using it. Nobody in the business uses it.

The past few weeks have been great. A lot of de-risking and sector rotation. Huge buying opportunities. Nobody who does this for a living is trying to a call a top or a bottom. Get in while it is cheap, maybe lose a little in the beginning, but make it big on the upside. This morning we saw a lot of heavy selling, then it completely switched around 1-1:30PM to opportunistic buying in certain sectors. Nobody is afraid except for risk management and compliance people. When your risk guy taps you on your shoulder and says it is time to shake a few positions off you do so to get him off your back. Its the best time to hunt for deals.
thanks for your post, I know this thread is for the technical guys, and still have no clue half the time the jargon they use but:

lowered my cost average when AAPL hit $95 and made a few thousand today;

lowered my cost average for GOOGL when it was around ~540s but it kept dropping; total loss around $140 as of today for that one but not worried.

bought some DIS when it was lowish

wanted to buy some more LUV but was too scared of the market/ebola/etc;
Appreciate 0