07-20-2014, 06:43 PM   #52
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by E39lolz View Post
I assume Miami? I've been here for a year and just about everyone cannot drive for the love of God. Hardly anyone is courteous, no blinkers and the Cubans here will scald you If you don't speak Spanish. And before anyone says anything, I am 100% Latino with Cuban in me .
Close, but actually it was Boca Raton... The old people in Boca are famous for driving into cafés and stuff. Every time I drive through Boca, I am on "old people alert."

My first week living there I witnessed a "police chase" ... Oblivious old lady was driving, clearly not trying to run from cops but had no idea they were following her ... Ran a red light and got into an accident. Literally right in front of me at my intersection. I was on my bike and ready for evasive action!

It was surreal, yet kind of funny at the same time. She might have even been driving a Corolla, or at least something very similar to one.

People in LA are known for being bad drivers, but having lived in both areas, South Florida is the clear winner. At least in LA when people drive like a jackass, most of the time it's intentional. I can live with intentional, but it's hard to forgive oblivious. Those are the scary ones to watch out for.
Appreciate 0