View Single Post
      02-14-2022, 04:52 AM   #81
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
If I'm reading this correct, you're saying that if Omicron was first, there wouldn't have been a need for vaccination at all, right? It's not the killer that SC2v1/v2 was, correct? If we could eradicate SC2v1/v2, vaccinations would not be needed, but since there is no way to eradicate it (it's just going to slowly make its way through 100% of the population until everyone gets it, or it mutates into something else), everyone should still be getting their vaccinations/boosters, correct?
Omicron presents like the common cold and I see no need to vaccinate against something that doesn't cause a high death rate. If the vaccine stopped the infection, the benefit of the vaccination would be higher than the risks. Omicron is going through the vaccine like it isn't even there. IMO, everyone will eventually get Omicron if they go out into public buildings.

How long are the vaccinations good for? If they aren't stopping Omicron, are they even good? I am not a proponent to getting boosters for Omicron. Will it mutate to something else, yes? What will it mutate too, ......something more or less virulent?
Appreciate 1