View Single Post
      02-16-2023, 07:55 AM   #6
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Apparently none of you all are cyclists or even motorcyclists. Many people use cycling as their commuter vehicle. Many people prefer to use their bicycle as basic transportation. And depending on what you define as a busy main road, traveling via bicycle can in many ways may be faster than driving. There are tons of people that cycle in NYC for this very reason and no one here can argue that NYC streets are not busy. Also, some places/areas prohibit cyclists from riding on the sidewalks.

Yes, cyclists have to adhere to the same rules of the road as motor vehicles. But unless there is a sign prohibiting a cyclist from riding their bicycle on that stretch of road, the cyclist has every right to be on that road as you in your cage. As long as the cyclist isn't doing something stupid on the road or being an ass by riding slow in a through lane blocking traffic flow, I see nothing wrong.
I cycle... 13 miles typically... but have done 25+ on occasion.

I live in a smaller, less populated town. I WOULD never cycle on streets unless it's just to get around a sidewalk that is unavailable... it's simply far too unsafe to be sharing roads with 3000-4000 lb cars. Then you add in the biker clowns that feel they are entitled, wear headphones and don't even look when crossing the roads... yeah good luck.

As far as bike lanes... those are excellent if you want to die as well. I would stick to sidewalks almost exclusively unless in suburban neighborhoods. In a big city - like NYC, LA, MIA and the like... you shouldn't be biking that's my opinion... its just too dangerous.