Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
yeah, sorry. Great car but fakery is embarrasing and does not do the car justice. Not sure why you're OK with fake sound but the majority are. Luckily many have found ways to disable it without killing the sound system. Best wishes.
Im ok with it because its an awesome car, and if it does bug me I can simply unplug it.

Kind of a none issue when you look at it that way. Its like being annoyed with a light on while you sleep. Rather then simply turn it off your logic is in line with moving out of the house.
Look this thread is old. I have moved on and bought another 1M since then. Somehow the thread lives on forever. I truly like the M3 a lot which is why it frustrated me years ago. These are not cheap cars. They are supposed to be true performance cars and ultimate driving machines and fakery has no place on this type of car. They should've spent the effort on real sound. The 1M was turbocharged and sound great without fake sound. The M2 sounds even better on the outside. Simply put dig deep in your souls and ask yourself. Would you care if your wife or girlfriend was fake or real. If you are ok with fake your world is great. If I wasn't a fan I wouldn't have cared two years ago but feel it is a wrongheaded for this type of car and something other companies do. Congrats on the M3. Lovely car and glad you love it.

Now can we let this thread die?

: )

Cheers
Appreciate 0