View Single Post
      03-12-2010, 06:11 PM   #36
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

A few thoughts:
- McLaren is bending the rules. Like has happened in the past (by many teams).
- I've got a confession to make: I am cheering for Schumacher. I just noticed it. Yes, there, I said it. I have been cheering for Alonso since his Minardi days (because he is from the Motherland), and I stopped cheering for Schumi/Ferrari in 2002 after Austria. But now that he is back, I have an interest in F1 that I hadn't felt since... well, 2002, Austria. It would not be the same if he were at Ferrari, though. When I go to Montréal, I will vow before his car on every lap. Because by then he will have proven to some of those lads who is who.
- I can NOT wait to see the race, and every race, and of course, live in June.
- You are right, lecatrache, we all were embarrassed by BMW, so to speak. They set themselves high standards and strict goals, and they didn't make it, so they pulled the plug. I respect that. And while I do not predict that Sauber will win the championship, watch them be fast with what is essentially a BMW chassis (still not like Honda/Brawn). That said, all big teams have had their bad years. McLaren, Ferrari. Look at Williams, they haven't done anything in about 10 years, but they hang on. So it depends on how you look at it; yes, they are perfectionists, but no, they were not perseverant.
- That picture of Schumacher and Vettel will be a classic. Look at their poses; think about it.
- I am so sorry to say this, because we all love that brand, but Lotus won't account to much this season... but, it's a great project to see develop in the next few years.
- Last but not least, the grid would've been complete with Kimi and Villeneuve. Maybe they should hang out and learn from each other's career management mistakes. I predict Kimi will never be successful in F1 again, if he ever comes back.
Appreciate 0