Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsaint View Post
okay

and I agree I came off douchey with that response, but I have a hard time taking criticism from someone who doesn't know the time and effort to create something like what I posted and instead goes.

"Not really what I would call tearing up the streets, heres what you should do...."

I am more likely to listen to someone who
1. has experience,
2. I respect their work.
3. starts off on a positive note rather than negative.

like this.

"great video maybe for your next one you could do .... and ... I would definitely watch that!"

It differentiates constructive from douche criticism, delivery is everything.
Look. I really was trying to be helpful. Delivery is something, but my biggest mistake was offering an unsolicited critique. As a fellow artist (in other fields) i always welcome criticism, it's made me better by leaps and bounds. Even when i only pluck one item from their criticism. In life, embracing criticism can carry a person beyond their aspirations. Your criticism of my delivery is noted and will likely change the way i deliver next time.

Awesome car, check.
Great filming equipment, check.
Interesting ideas for clips, check.
Energy and desire to make cool videos, check.

You have everything you need to make a very interesting video about your car. But you didn't. And when your TARGET audience offers advice, you act like your shit doesn't stink. It doesn't take someone with filming experience to recognize which aspects of interesting videos make them interesting. I like some of your other videos of car events. It seems like you took the same approach of filming a car event and applied it to a single vehicle. I personally don't think it works as well as it could have.

I'm very interested in the build of your vehicle. I want to know how you did it. I want to know how it drives. I want to know how it sounds and i want to see it in action. Your video left me wanting for all of that. I would have watched your video even if it were twice as long, IF it explained how the build idea came about and how it came to fruition. Even a voice over explanation would have filled that want. Some more action with audio from the front end, inside and out back would have been very much appreciated. Nearly all E36m owners (past and present) have a E36/V8 fantasy and it largely has to do with the sound the V8 creates.

I do know how much energy and effort went into making your video. If you were some dude who built a car and made a video, i would have said cool car, thanks for sharing. But you have a link to your channel in your sig and you're asking for subscriptions to your channel.... actively promoting it along with your media website....... Wouldn't have offered suggestions if that weren't the case.

Again, sweet E36!
Mandi90TT2712.00