12-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #45
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Why does me wanting Lexus to offer marginally more power keep coming back to me being a "fanboy"? When I had my Exige, it was 190hp and was a very good/fun little car. When they came out with the 220hp supercharged version the following year, it became a great car. When they upped the power to 240hp the year after that, it became a fantastic car. Do you see where I'm going? You can have it both ways in terms of power and balance.

As for my statement about consistently falling behind - it is, and always has been, a statement based on the history of the brand. Not to sound like a fanboy but I don't think it's a secret that the benchmark entry-level luxury sedan has been the 3er for the last 15 years and the others have been playing catch-up. It's like Samsung vs iPhone. The iPhone does most things very well and other manufacturers see that and try to emulate. Be honest here, how many articles have you seen over the last 15 years that start with something to the effect of "has [insert brand here] finally come up with a 3-series killer?"

You've shown several articles and comparisons from the last two years but my statement had always been based on history. I think they're headed in the right direction and I hope they keep it up. It's hard to deny that BMW has certainly become softer and Lexus has gained a new edge. I like what I see.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold

Last edited by KingOfJericho; 12-12-2013 at 11:23 AM..
Appreciate 0