View Single Post
      10-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #488
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
For those of you whom are married / divorced, did problems not arise until after marriage mostly? Did you have problems prior? Was it mostly communication on opposing views for certain things?

My current SO's mother has been married and divorced twice, her family dynamics are complete opposite of my family (parents have been together for 40 some years, no arguments in the house, respectful to each other). Has anyone experienced something similar with their SO?
It has been said that the argument you had the week before your wedding is the same argument that will cause your divorce (or at least the same argument you will be having during your divorce).

I am married, and my relationship is much like that of your parents (and my parents for that matter), and that is how its always been. Her family is like your SO's (even a bit more Jerry Springerish) which concerned me.

Sort out your communication style early. A couple of my rules were/are if there is a problem get it out, don't let it build up. Another rule (which was more important when we were younger) no discussing things/issues with alcohol involved, even one glass of wine. Talk about it tomorrow.

Some people need chaos in their lives (they call it excitement), date those people, bang those people, do not get involved in long term relationships with those people. They will cheat on you.
Appreciate 0