View Single Post
      06-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #7
rick100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenup View Post
I was at Belmar just yesterday with some friends and parked by the side of the boardwalk where parking is paid by electronic meter stations, each located about.. 250 meters from each other. Parked, got my stuff out and walked away to pay. Got my receipt, paid for 5 hours at 4:18 PM.

Get back at 8, oh joy, a fucking ticket on the windshield.

Overtime meter, issued at 4:20, two minutes after I paid, and it looks like I have to make an appearance. And the weirdest part, there is a signature of a complaining witness. What the hell is there to complain about? Nobody was in the spot when I found it and according to my receipt, I wasn't feeding a meter or anything since it expired exactly 5 hours after I paid. HOWEVER, there was a couple of people getting stuff out of a car next to mine when I got there.

I walked around trying to find a cop, and a guy told me you need to display the ticket on the dash, but nobody had and Belmar's own website says to TAKE your ticket with you.. nothing about displaying it.

Any advice about fighting this? I have the receipt, can print my bank statement.. what else could I need? Summons is scheduled for the morning after my HS graduation.. awesome. Anyways.. the hell with Belmar, the only good part of my first ever trip there was surf taco.
if you dont display the ticket in your windshield , how would they know you paid for parking . The meters are not designated for each spot like you described it , more like one meter for many parking spots.

In canada if you have a meter designated for each spot , you do not even get a receipt but most meters are designated for many parking spots and they provide a ticket which you are supposed to put in your car so that they know you paid for it , i thought that was standard
Appreciate 0