View Single Post
      04-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #54
DANMACINSD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i

I have the same problem...

So I have Bilstein PSS9, they've been installed for about 14K miles. Recently I've started experiencing loud clunkin noise from both front wheel areas. It happens whether I turn or not on bumps and uneven road surfaces. It seems like it is getting worse, not sure what to do except maybe return suspension to stock, then I can at least have dealership work on it.

I took into BMW Northwest (Tacoma) a week or so ago and they hooked up sound sensors in various places and found that it is in fact coming from top hat area. Because I had the Bilstein coilovers, they were reluctant to even remove them. The techs there did some awesome work and brought me into the work bay and showed me a couple of things. First he recomended getting some aftermarket camber plates that are slightly thicker that may help. Second he stood on the brace over my radiator with hood open obviously and had me put my finger on the big nut on the top of the strut tower. While he bounced up and down, I could literally feel the clicks/ clunking with my finger. It made it very apparent to me that this is definately where the noise is coming from.

Shi**y part is, no one has given me a definitive answer on how to fix it. Do I buy some camber plates and give that a shot, I'm not sure. I'm going to take it to a different care place in Woodinville for a second opinion today.

Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated!