View Single Post
      04-12-2006, 07:55 AM   #11
E90X3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 Black Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl_boy
A country should not be wiped off the earth because its president makes those ridiculous comments. The Iranian citizens are more progressive than most other people of Islamic nations (I know that does not mean much to us, but in the global context, it does). Iranians are not arabs, and they are not Sunni Muslims.

They, along with the Jordanians and Turks, are probably the 3 most moderate groups of Islamic people. Ahmedijedad is a religious mystic, nut job. There's no doubt about that, but to say wipe out the country is more nuts than those that said the same about Iraq a few years ago. And I think most will agree the attack on Iraq has been an utter failure.

The problem is that everyone has pride, and everyone is nationalistic. Iranians, Americans, even Timbuktu-ans. If the leader of a country takes charge, and the people are, for the most part passive, as in the U.S. (we are passive people when it comes to politics), and as in Iran, and that leader makes ridiculous comments (Ahmedijedad), or has a ridiculous foreign policy (George W.), it is always the average citizen that suffers, isn't it?

The fact is, if we were not the single most powerful nation in the history of the universe, we would not be able to get away with half the sh*t we do. We would have probably been invaded by now, several times, and you and I would have suffered while our leaders were hiding in nuclear bomb protected bunkers, whether we supported those leaders or not. But we are the most powerful nation in history, ever, and we are using that power [rightfully or not]. Iranian citizens are not so fortunate.

well said......
Appreciate 0