Spieltag
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW m235 AW/KR-B

Garage List
2015 BMW m235  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaynardZed View Post
There is no such thing as a "plateau". You're either getting bigger/stronger or getting smaller/weaker. The rate of increase/decrease may change as you approach optimization but nothing actually stays exactly the same.

If you can't find the motivation internally I would suggest either finding someone stronger to train with or possibly hire a personal trainer.
Coming from a strength and conditioning standpoint, scientifically there is something called peaking and plateuing. When managed right with scietific periodization, you build it into your macro cycles. Find a trainer that knows their shit and you won't plateu. Go into the gym thinking pain is weakness leaving the body and you will hit it. I have had clients that were stuck at 280lb benchpress and they couldn't increase, but address all the factors in their life, (Stress, sleep, cumulative work volume, intensity), as well as creating a solid program for them got them into the 300-400 pound range.

The only thing I agree with in your statement is find a personal trainer... but not just a PT, a strength coach. Or one that has a respected PT certification, not ace, or a crossfit one, but one from NSCA, ACSM, NASM, hopefully with a NSCA CSCS.
Appreciate 0