View Single Post
      07-17-2014, 11:35 AM   #35
m4pewpew
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

I've done multiple driving experiences and I would like to share my opinion.

If I'm not mistaken, insurance is mandatory anyway, but you have coverage options. Honestly, if it's a follow-and-lead type of experience, more coverage is a bit unnecessary because you never go fast enough. This is not a race, it's driving a nice car at a safe environment. You are going to have an instructor with you during those 3 to 5 laps, and he'll probably recommend you to leave the car in automatic mode, all the nanny controls on, there's a pace car, you're only allowed to overtake if your instructor says ok, etc. If you're worried, listen to your instructor, then you'll be fine. It's all pretty safe. If you don't think you have complete control of your hands and feet, bad at following instructions, then yes, more investment in insurance is recommended. Of if you just wanna be super safe and buy the insurance anyway, it's perfectly understandable since you're operating a $100k-$200k+ machine.

I would also recommend doing your driving experience with a reputable group. If your local tracks don't have their own driving experience events, then pay attention to these guys, I think they're pretty good:
http://thextremexperience.com/
Appreciate 0