Thread: Anti-minivan
View Single Post
      06-12-2014, 11:56 PM   #41
31 Hz
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 N54 ZSP 6mt

I've owned four minivans, they were the DD vehicle of choice for me for many years. They served band hauling duty like no other vehicle could; they pulled trailers, swallowed plywood, pampered their occupants, got good gas mileage and sold for not much less than they were bought for. The 4th is one I bought for my wife, the only vehicle I've ever bought new: 2011 Odyssey Touring.

My DD is an LX470 and my weekend driver is a 335i, or one of a bunch of motorcycles. But. If I had to cover maximum interstate ground in a minimal amount of time, I'd pick the Odyssey. It drives way better than the LX and is more comfortable than the 335, is dead reliable, invisible to LEOs, and is unlikely to be targeted for road rage. It's easy and low-key, just how I like to travel.

But then again, I couldn't care less about what people might think of how I look behind the wheel -- although, it is a shame that so many in this thread are So Very Preoccupied with how other people might think about how they look. (Clue: if you ever use the phrase "man card" then you are part of that club.)

Carry on.
Appreciate 0