View Single Post
      04-11-2022, 01:50 PM   #14
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eforty6_m3 View Post
Bingo, and this machine won't get the job done on its own. Far too small. You need a machine that is capable of varying sizing of the Dry Ice pellets, and a greater PSI range. You can't change many of the preferences on that small,"cheap" machine.

On my machine, you can change the size of the pellets within a specific range, control the psi within a specific range, and also the volume of ice being used within a specific range. Not that there's anything wrong with that machine, it certainly has a place, but its uses are far more limited than the larger, more capable machine that I am!

And you nailed it. You need lots and lots of (dry) air, which requires a high-quality and high-performing air compressor, as well as a dryer and wet and dry tanks. Lots goes into this. Not as simple as many people may think.
Yeah, the person who said $10 overhead is laughably small. There is the space you rent/own, business insurance, electricity, water, taxes, if you have at least one other employee to help you answer the phone/run social media/take on smaller detailing jobs, etc.

And all those expenses don't go away if you don't book X number of jobs per week.

I'm glad I don't have to worry about winter damage/rust this far south.
Appreciate 2
chris7197353.00