I'm kind of a bitch
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego/Cream E93

Garage List
2007 E93  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
You're way over-thinking this. Buying art just to impress a woman is stupid. It's pandering to start with. Your cell phone idea is also bad. To start with it's childish, and as bmwmthree pointed out, it's creepy. If you want a woman's phone number, just be a man and ask her for it. If she's interested in him, all these silly games aren't necessary. If she's not interested in him, they probably won't make him appear more interesting.

You're right about keeping the conversation light though. Saying something funny here and will definitely help break the ice. I wouldn't just walk up to someone I didn't know and randomly start telling jokes as some other poster suggested however, that just appears weird, and is socially awkward.
+1

You guys have to remember, we as women feel very vulnerable most of the time. It's not something I can explain, or would expect men to understand, but we've always got that 6th sense running in the background. Unless we're wasted, haha. If anything gives that gut feeling of "strange", it's peace out.

The cell phone thing sounds like a good idea. But I think it will make her feel really uncomfortable. (Even though she's giving you signals.) Plus, I can just see the awkwardness as you go through your whole "pitch", and THEN have to tack on the long task of giving her your phone number, slooooowly digit-by-digit,

This thread is getting hilarious.

Just be confident and funny!