Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patronus86 View Post
You should wait long enough for BMW to:
A) refine & improve the current F30 and F10 cars.
and/or
B) develop a new generation of cars with better performance. If neither happens within the near future (10 yrs in my book) then I'd agree BMW is on a downward path.
Everyone acknowledges the current 3 and 5 series cars are not the best right now. They've barely been out for a few years. So you have to let some time pass for BMW to rebound. Like I said before, everyone has ups and downs.

Ok, have fun with the ATS. Unless I was getting a M4 or M6, I probably wouldn't be buying a current generation BMW either. Just remember this is 1 generation of cars we are talking about here...BMW will put out newer cars within the next 7-9 yrs, they probably are already developing them. Be careful of judging BMW's future potential by referencing its current cars. These new cars could be horrible, they could be awesome, or they could mediocre, who knows?

Also, just about every car brand out there, including Audi and Mercedes, caters to the soccer mom or family crowd with utility or crossover vics...why? So they can make more money.
Well, my E90 has 245K on it; I don't have 7 - 9 years to wait. I have no interest in the F30. The F30 is mediocre; there are a bunch of cars that aren't.
Appreciate 0