Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
I could very well be wrong and would be great for them if I am I just don't think we're there yet.
I mean did you look up the numbers? I admittedly didn't, but I do know the rough numbers for sales volumes in this segment (which I shared in my earlier post) as well as the fact that Tesla has said they are building about 3500 Model 3 per week now. Based no that knowledge, the graph seems very reasonable to me. Audi and Lexus do not sell nearly as much volume as BMW and Mercedes typically do, so it is very possible that even when combined they were outsold by the Model 3.
Yeah I haven't had a chance either and it seems this is a very recent thing with new data. Just didn't gut feel seem right to me and the graph was so vague in terms of labels and sourcing I immediately discounted it as creative marketing crap. If they turned the corner that's good news then.

They have historically played fast and loose with how they talk about things, not necessarily the same level of detail we're accustomed to.
Appreciate 0