tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Okay, I'll admit the title is a bit click-bait ish, but there really is no other title that comes close.

I am lucky and at my ripe old age, I have everything I could really ask for. Family, friends, retired, travel, no debt, great health, etc. I thank my lucky stars every day and I am not really wanting for anything more in my life....until:

Today, I saw a 2000 or so E39 M5 in front of me while I was driving. It looks like it had just been detailed and the owner has kept it looking like brand new. I got a brand new 1997 540i followed by a 2003 540i with m-tech package so I've driven the amazing E39 for over 10 years between the two cars. I always toyed with the idea of getting an M5 of that era but my practical side kicked in and stopped me. I can afford it. I've got an extra spot in the garage, but I just couldn't justify it in my mind until I saw this beautiful example of one of BMW's finest achievements today on the road. I instantly wanted to pull the guy over and write a check for whatever amount would get him to say yes! Lust is the only word that comes close to my emotion at that moment, hence the title.

So, do any of you have that thing, practical or not, that makes you feel the way I described? Maybe a car, but it could be anything really. Keep it clean so this thread has any chance of making it to page 2!
You absolutely should do it!!!!! There are quite a few of them out there!! When I was young all the guys constantly had the hots for a girl. I ALWAYS had the hots for a car!!
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!