01-31-2008, 11:12 PM   #9
JoeClothing
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt.love84 View Post
shoulder padding what so ever?

I can't stand it. I'm not a big guy by any means (6' and about 170 pounds) but for some reason I just can't wear a jacket that has it.. it makes the jacket feel huge.

So, anyone know of a designer that makes solid jackets w/o the padding?

Thanks
Here's the deal. Suits with unstructured shoulders are typically reserved for tropical weight pieces (summer) and they are less formal. The reality is that you can wear a suit with a structured shoulder but what you are wearing currently is not the proper cut. Armani Collezioni has a "New Soft Line" that has less of a structure, but based on your dimensions I wouldn't go this route. Especially if you are thin you should have a cut that gives you more of an hour glass shape with a higher arm hole.

I am a 38R and if I put on a 39R I look like I'm wearing football pads. With suits it's all about getting the proper cut. The best thing to do is go into a good suit store and try a few models on. American manufacturers will be more boxy while European designers will give you that tailored slim line look. I recommend Saks to do your trying on. Start with Hugo Boss (entry level) and work your way on up.
Appreciate 0