08-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #357
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
there is nothing MAJOR that I don't like about the 392.

only thing wrong with it in stock form is the fact that it has a lot of torque management built into it, even with traction control turned off...

it pulls timing between shifts too. that's just me being picky, a Diablo Trinity can all but eliminate all that stuff

it has to be one of the best handling 4000+ coupes on the planet with it's SRT bloodline...

the torque is silly down low - it's not even fair.

I launched in second gear one time in 99 degree weather and ran a 5.3 zero to sixty HAHAHA !!!!

adults will COMFORTABLY fit in the back seat without a shadow of anyone's doubt...

the Challenger body style brings grown men to tears dude - seriously.

the 2012+ Challenger have the "Sport Button" and "Track Mode" feature.

Sport Button changes the shifting characteristics - it shifts faster than stock and if you're in auto stick mode, the car WILL NOT shift once it hits redline.

you can do a burnout bouncing off the rev limiter in second gear (which the tires will be spinning at 78mph HAHA !!!).

Track Mode is amazing - the struts and springs tighten up and get real stiff.

my buddy with the 2012 300SRT8 said that he can be driving down the road and hit the Track Button. the car IMMEDIATELY gets tighter and he can feel the road get a bit bumpier.

if i'm going out on the town in a 470hp SRT, the Sport Button and Track Button are always activated HAHA !!!!
Great info and I was planning on a manual but I have to check out these features you speak of related to the autostick, sounds crazy!

Sorry to derail guys, carry on!
Appreciate 0