View Single Post
      08-12-2014, 02:58 PM   #43
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Don't do it.
Wasn't a foreign exchange student but my SO's cousin lived with us for a year from Germany. Object was to learn better English and his was fine already. All he did was upset our life style, take over my house and make a mess everywhere, but he was family or I'd have thrown his ass out.
First off his intention was to get his personal training license and not learn anything, basically lied to his parents. His personal habits were beyond tolerable, most notable he spent 2 hours preparing a meal of which he had 4 daily, he would use the whole kitchen and my house is 3K sq ft so the kitchen is not tiny. He would do laundry in 4 or 5 diffrent loads some with only 2 things in each load, showered 3 times a day because he went to the gym for 4 hours a time sometimes twice a day, wasted water like no tomorrow(bill went from $70 a month to $94 consistently for the year he was there). Went out late, would have online chats with people middle of the night (1 to 2 AM) when I had to go to work next day. Was just a real pita and no I did not get paid but he did have to buy his own groceries sort of.
Was not worth the hassle IMO.
Appreciate 0