05-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #50
RandomHero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmkr01 View Post
I eat clean 85% of the time but need someone to fine tune my diet so I get get over the hump. Maybe i'll just finally ask one of the people at my gym.
Why don't you ask us? I'll offer you this challenge:
Write down everything you eat for the rest of the week. That means everything from when you wake up in the morning to when you go to sleep at night. If you can, weigh out your food or do your best to estimate the portion size of everything.

The problem people run into is when people fail to add up everything they consume in the day. You may eat healthy most of the time, but here are a few examples of how a good diet and go to hell very quickly:

You order a coke at a restaurant- with free refills you could easily drink 24-36 ounces worth. That’s 280-420 calories right there
You order a salad but put ranch dressing on it- A large serving of ranch will easily have 300 calories in it.

You go out on a Friday night and order a margarita or two- each one could easily have 300 calories in it.

You get cheese on a subway sandwich- That adds another 300 calories
It’s the little things that add up fast. one soda, one beer, and one slice of cheese could mean the difference between staying the same weight or losing 5 pounds a month.
Appreciate 0